An odyssey to the west

This blog will document the entire event of my trip to Canada and its preparation work. Be warned: occasional crapping and irrelevant details about my life will also be featured in this blog.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Something that reminds me of home

Despite finding myself cursing and swearing at lecturers who have problems articulating their PHD's worth of knowledge to students effectively, NTU is able to exploit the full advantage of technologies in providing learning tools for its students. Unable to take pride in the competency of our lecturers back home, I had to resort to boasting about the lecture recordings students back home enjoy when other international students queried about the uniqueness of Singapore's University.

The link below is definitely not one of the lecturer's finer moments, but it does get across a point: who needs to go for those 0830 lectures when we can watch the whole darn thing at any time we desire at the comfort of our home?



I probably will not miss those overpaid and underworked professors back home, but lecture recording is totally a different matter altogether. For 3 days a week, I have to drag my semi-awake body to those dreaded 0830 lectures while braving incessant rain or raging snow storms. Perhaps it's the work of retribution? Because if memory did not fail me, the last time I actually attended an 0830 lecture back home was during my first year's second semester! Debts that are due must be paid, and needless to say, the collection of payment is often expeditious.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Haha! Bet you still cant get over with the lecturer's sexy moustache and alluring head...

    yan yan

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger hon said…

    i think his accent is the killer. DEADLY.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Jing said…

    i happen to be in that LT on that day. if u were there to see n hear him as he read out those comments u'll laugh even harder!

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger Weizhong said…

    I swear to you that this video clip helped me got through the most difficult week I had so far in Canada. I have 2 mid terms (a.k.a quiz) and 3 assignments due and 1 presentation ALL in this week. Almost died. Btw, Jiahao watch this video clip until he can memorise the lines liao

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger zhenshen said…

    gee...guess ntu profs are even better than smu profs. haha.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home