An odyssey to the west

This blog will document the entire event of my trip to Canada and its preparation work. Be warned: occasional crapping and irrelevant details about my life will also be featured in this blog.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The calm before the storm: Bowling our stress away

With the exams a little more than a week away, Jiahao's peer guide Allison (see entry: Gibbons Park) organized a bowling trip for quite possibly our last gathering in Canada. Despite having tons of assignments to hand in and project deadlines to meet, the three of us just could not care less, and decided that we must bowl at all cost. Allison was an angel of a peer guide, always organizing ice cream trips for her peers and even invited them to her home on one occassion for movies and pizzas (really regretted alot for not making it to that movie she organized! Damn!), she really deserved the 'Peer Guide of the Year' award if there ever was one. Did I mention that she's a hot and smart blond (sounds like an oxymoron eh? Not a chance, she's planning on doing medicine after her final year). Adam (Allison's boy friend, a well built macho hunk who's a wrestling fan, so any male blog readers who are already having designs on Allison, please don't. It's for your own good ) gave us a ride to the bowling alley. There were 7 of us in a Chevrolet 4-seater, but somehow, we managed to squeeze everyone into the car. The front passenger seat was built for one only, that day, we challenged norms, designer's limitations and more importantly, traffic rules by seating 2 people in that very passenger seat. They say good souls come to good end, and all of us did manage to make it safely to the bowling alley.


Jiahao, Allan and me on one team (Team Singapore of course), while Allison (blond in this picture), Adam, Sappho (long hair brunette from France) and Wang Can (sweet law graduate from china) were another team. Well known for our prowess in this sport, we were preparing for nothing less than a win.


Jiahao's expression when he scored a strike.


Bowlers from right: Adam, Allison, me (I kept holding up bowling balls and irritated everyone by saying, "Look! There're holes in my balls!"), Sappho (I have mentioned before in previous entries that she looks like Sadako from 'The Ring', judge for yourself!), Allan, Jiahao and finally, Wang Can.

The game ended with Team Singapore claiming a hard fought victory *sniggers*, but there was no hard feelings at all, just plenty of fooling around and thrash talking. I guess we all owe it to Jiahao's good fortune to have such a wonderful peer guide, adding much more fun and insight to our stay in Canada. Despite spending the entire Sunday at the bowling alley, I did not feel the least worried about the tons of revisions I have to do. Instead, I was in a tremendously good mood as I had never experience such a stress-free state of mind during a pre-examination period. Already, there's a small tinge of sadness starting to fester in the deepest reaches of my heart. Because I know for sure that when all these are over, I will miss this place and more so, the friends I have made here for quite possibly the rest of my life. I don't want to bid them adieu...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home